For me there’s nothing like afternoon tea with light and buttery scones to warm up winter days. Scones are super simple to make and don’t take long to bake at all. Within an hour you can have freshly baked, warm and delicious scones. Who can resist that? Everything that you need to make them, you probably have in your pantry already.
|Prep time: 20 minutes||Baking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 50 minutes|
What you need:
Makes 12 medium scones
- 540g Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250g Chilled Butter
- 100g Sugar
- 100ml whole milk
- Chill your butter by putting it in the freezer for 5/10 mins before you begin depending on the original firmness.
- Preheat your oven to 180 and prepare two baking sheets/pans.
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl and to that add the chilled butter. Rub them in together using your finger tips. Keep rubbing in until the flour and butter resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add your baking powder and sugar and mix them in until evenly distributed. then add the milk.
- mix the milk in using your hands until the dough comes together in a soft ball. Don’t worry if its slightly sticky, thats how it should be.
- Lightly flour your work surface and put the dough on the surface. Lightly flour your hands and press the dough down to spread it out, you can use a rolling pin either if you prefer.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out your scones. Place them on your prepared baking sheets. Make sure to space them out well.
- Pour a little extra milk in your bowl and get a pastry brush to brush the scones with the milk, with will give them a nice golden finish when baked!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and allow to cool a little on a cooling rack. Then enjoy!