This is just as amazing as it looks and sounds! Perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Want it for dinner too? Knock yourself out, and be my guest. I’m a lone ranger so I have the recipe down to serve one, but of course you can multiply it up to serve a whole crowd. You can also use any mushroom you have, closed cup, flat top, button you name it, and any onion will do just fine. I just love the colour of the red onion and chestnut mushroom in this omelette, besides you have to admit, that heading lured you here didn’t it? Now trust me, I could entice you all day long with words but lets get to the food, the proof is in the omelette!
|Prep time: 2 minutes||Cooking time: 5 minutes||Total time: 7 minutes|
What you need:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1/4 Small Onion
- Cheddar Cheese (to your decretion)
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Cut up the mushrooms and onion into slices, you can cut off the stalks of the mushroom if you don’t fancy them but thats just a waste of delicious mushroom, am I right, or am I right?
- Heat up some oil in a pan, and add the mushrooms and onions.
- Cook on a medium heat, giving them the occasional stir to evenly cook them.
- Meanwhile, if you are using a block of cheese, grate some so it will be ready for later and whisk your two eggs with salt and pepper to taste until you have some air bubbles formed, this will result in a nice and fluffy omelette once cooked.
- By now those mushrooms and onions should be beautifully fragrant and slightly caramelised. You can pour the eggs in the pan over them and then using a lid, cover the pan to allow the heat and steam to cook the top of the omelette. Cook for about 1-2 minutes at a low to medium heat until the top of your egg is setting.
- Remove the lid and add the cheese to one half of the omelette and fold it over onto itself. I love cheese so I add a little more on top and cover again with a lid, just until that cheese in the middle and on top has melted.
- Last thing left is to serve it up and enjoy, trust me you will definitely, 100% enjoy it, without a doubt, not a single one.